25 September 2010

"Take your skin off and dance" - Martin Martini and the Bone Palace Orchestra

It has either been too long coming or I've talked about this before and its been so long that I don't remember. Anyway, we were talking about songs, and "Take your skin off and dance" by Martin Martini and the Bone Palace Orchestra is the kind of song I expect all songs that come out of Australia to sound like. I suppose I am glad that they do not all sound the same, but well...

So, the first song that ever caught my attention and turned it towards all things Martin Martini was actually "Stock Exchange." I found the bleak imagery and the energetic forging ahead if not cheerful force to the story line extremely easy to fall into. "Take your skin off and dance" has these same elements and a little bit more robust vocal belting.

While looking around for a fancy little embeddable player to share the song I found that the band has since broken up, but you can still enjoy some of their scattered online presence on myspace .

I did not actually find a fancy little embeddable player to share "Take your skin off and dance" but if you click on the end of this sentence a new window will let you Play the song with iLike.

Incidentally, "Monkey & Sardine," another song from Martin Martini and the Bone Palace Orchestra got stuck in my head so much I toyed with the idea of creating an animated video to fill the video void for it on the Internet. I am very happy to say that Jim Batt beat me to this and finally delivered a music video for the song. Follow the vimeo links after the video to find the making of the video.


Martin Martini - Monkey & Sardine from Jim Batt on Vimeo.

Cheers. --LeE

No comments: