18 May 2010

Terrible Shit I Bought: Snap! & Technotronic



I should change this to "Terrible Shit I Bought And Enjoyed The Shit Out Of". Sometime in 1990, I had both World Power by Snap! and Pump Up the Jam by Technotronic. These albums were immensely important to my 14-year-old brain for some reason. I was already listening to metal so who knows what I was thinking when I was into this junk. The best thing about these two albums? They both fit on a 90 minute tape! I would dig on Snap! for 45 minutes and then flip it over to groove to Technotronic. My brain must have been turned off that year. I remember playing videogames and watching sunsets to this awful and brainless stuff. I think I was a weird kid but I would have been even weirder knowing that the techno music I was listening to for 500 hours at a time wasn't even American. This shit was totally Belgian and German. The following year, when The KLF hit it big with "3 a.m. Eternal", I was already out of my techno phase. Thank God. Hmm, this post is only moderately embarrassing. I'll do better next time.



No comments: