25 May 2010

Terrible Shit I Bought: The Rolling Stones

Okay, this is totally baffling to me. When I was 13 years old, I was clearly the stupidest (and most bored musically) idiot ever born. The Rolling Stones had done "Satisfaction" and Mick Jagger had directed that movie with Whoopi Goldberg but that's all I knew about them. I mean, I knew they were an old band. So why would a 13 year old listen to music made by anyone over the age of 13? I don't fucking know. For some reason, I bought the Steel Wheels album. This is probably the worst album ever recorded. The Rolling Stones are even worse than Vanilla Ice. Why? Because I still like "Stop That Train". I have this crystal clear memory of sitting in my friend Sam's attic and listening to Steel Wheels on my little tape recorder and thinking, "Wow, why did I spend my allowance on this crap?" I started fast-forwarding, looking for a song, any song, that I liked and I couldn't find a single one. This wave of depression washed over me and I gave the tape to Sam. He probably hated it too.

No comments: