11 August 2008

Rita Pavone



You ever feel like you’re the last person to hear about something? That’s how I feel about Rita Pavone. You see, I’m about 40 years too late. But that happens, right? I found this Italian songstress on the Morricone Lover blog and proceeded to flip out over her. This boyish little munchkin just tears up the pop music. Her music is very lively, unbearably cute, comically schmaltzy, and yet comforting, all at the same time. Luckily, Pavone is all over Youtube so you can get an idea of her diminutive infectiousness.

When her stylists played up her boyishness, I have to admit that I get a little creeped out. Nonetheless, there is something vastly important about listening to music like this. When you are diggin' on Italian pop culture like I am lately, this stuff really just transports you into a different place. I'm guessing that this would be like an Italian kid going on Youtube and searching for The Shangri-Las. I don't know what I'm talking about.









No comments: