20 August 2008

Golem - Libeshmertzen


I think my exposure to Golem was as serendipitous as finding the album Libeshmertzen in a clearance used CD bin. Stranger still, I wasn't even the one to spot the CD, my boyfriend was. It looked promising enough at two dollars to give it a try and I am eternally glad I did. Golem is a Klezmer imbued six piece Easter European folk-punk band. Their songs are both old and new and in many different languages, played on traditional and neo rock instruments. If I didn't already think that all of these things could fit together, the energy of the musicians themselves would've sealed it for me.



So, in doing a little poking around for info, I found that in an attempt to stay true to the party band aspect of klezmer, Golem does do weddings and batmitzvas. This is only too awesome!

Golemrocks.com
Golem Myspace

No comments: